Wednesday 1 August 2012

New Home

Keeping a handle on Daddy.
 
Its surprisingly exciting moving back to somewhere you know.
We went house hunting on Monday and found...
our new home.

It's not so modern and not so big but I think it will suit us.
I'm looking forward to making it ours.

I'm imagining strolls to the beach...(and the swings) late on warm summer afternoons,
lazing in a hammock out the back,
and growing veges in the ramshackle back yard.
You never know we may even get a few chooks.

I'm sure the reality will be a bit different, 
probably not quite so long lazing in the hammock as I would like,
but I think it will be good.

We got off to a good start with a celebratory icecream at Simmos.





4 comments:

  1. Blogs need a 'like' button like on Facebook! Looking forward to reading about your adventures. I still miss Australia,( not sure if you knew I grew up there! I can't imagine a better place to be raising kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have to say its pretty good. It took me a while to get used to it but I love it now.

      Delete
  2. This is a really nice blog Lucy - looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete